Dead cockroaches found in kitchen of local hotel

The Nuremore Hotel in Carrickmacross was issued with a closure order in June according to the Food Safety Authority of Ireland.

The order was issued by the HSE on the 12th of June following a food hygiene inspection of the kitchen and function kitchen at the hotel.

The issues raised in food hygiene inspection report included a number of dead cockroaches being found in the main kitchen, function kitchen and lobby on the premises which posed a significant risk to the contamination of food.

While a complete lack of basic cleaning was also noted in the kitchen and function kitchen, as accumulations of food debris, grease and dirt were also reported.

The inspector noted that non-compliances were likely to pose a significant risk to consumer safety. The report also stated that there has been a history of non-compliance by the hotel, as an improvement notice was also issued within the last two years.

The closure order at the hotel was lifted on the 13th of June.