At Northern Sound we aim to deliver the best possible service to our listeners. We also aim to ensure that our programming is compliant with the requirements set out in the Broadcasting Act, 2009 and broadcasting codes published by the Broadcasting Authority of Ireland. We welcome all feedback, both negative and positive, from our listeners concerning any aspect of our service.
We are obliged under the Broadcasting Act, 2009 to have in place a Code of Practice for handling complaints from our listeners. This Code of Practice sets out and explains our complaint process for listeners and ensures that we deal with complaints in an effective and efficient manner. It should be noted that the Code of Practice only relates to certain categories of complaints as detailed in the document “Northern Sound Code of Practice-Complaints”.
All complaints must:
- be submitted by completing the relevant ‘Complaint Form’ for programmes or advertisements/commercial communications.
- be made no later than 30 days after the date of the broadcast.
- relate to a broadcast by Northern Sound.
- come within the relevant broadcasting codes and/or legislation.
- include a short summary of what concerned you.
Further information is available by downloading “Northern Sound Code of Practice-Complaints”.