News

Local pet owners urged to be cautious over festive treats

Dec 24, 2021 14:12 By News Northern Sound
Local pet owners urged to be cautious over festive treats Local pet owners urged to be cautious over festive treats
Share this article

Food such as chocolate or Christmas pudding are not safe for our pets to eat.

Local pet owners should 'act swiftly' if an animal ingests festive treats over the coming days.

Lydia Clerkin from Clerkin Veterinary Hospitals says that there are a number of things this time of year that are toxic for animals.

She says that if foods are not usually in a pet's diet they should not be given to them at Christmas/New Year, as they could cause gastric or pancreatic issues.

Advertisement

If an owner is concerned they should contact their vet immediately as inaction could prevent the animal being saved.

She outlined some of the dangers for our pets:

Advertisement

 

Share this article
Advertisement
Advertisement

NorthernSound Newsletter

Sign up now to keep up to date with the latest news.

Processing your request...

You are subscribed now! please check your email to confirm your subscription.