News

N2 Clontibret to Border scheme may have to be suspended or terminated

Jan 10, 2022 16:01 By News Northern Sound
N2 Clontibret to Border scheme may have to be suspended or terminated N2 Clontibret to Border scheme may have to be suspended or terminated
Share this article

The executive says that the best outcome is more funding comes through but that isn't likely.

The N2 Clontibret to Border scheme may have to be suspended or terminated.

It was revealed today to Monaghan councillors that on the 17th of Decemeber the executive found out the second half of the project had been omitted from the roads funding allocation for the county.

While the Ardee to Castleblayney portion of the scheme has an allocation of 1 million euro, the executive said that the news of the Clontibret stretch was a major blow.

Advertisement

Fianna Fáil councillor PJ O’Hanlon called for a meeting with the Government and local Oireachtas members, stating that he was now concerned about the development as a whole.

He says that this is the second time something like this has happened and he questioned whether those over this decision would even care:

Share this article
Advertisement
Advertisement

NorthernSound Newsletter

Sign up now to keep up to date with the latest news.

Processing your request...

You are subscribed now! please check your email to confirm your subscription.