Over 880,000 euro has been granted in the Shannonisde Northern Sound region under the Disabled Person's Grant Scheme and IWILs.
Minister for Housing, Local Government and Heritage, Darragh O'Brien has approved funding of approximately €18 million for the schemes nationally.
The Disabled Person's Grant Scheme and the Improvement Work in Lieu of social housing scheme, both allow for extensions and adaptations to make social and private housing suitable for those living in them.
The schemes see 90% of the funding awarded by the Department while the Local Authority make up the remaining 10%.
In the Northern Sound Region Cavan received the most funding with a combined total of 217,287 euro, while Monaghan was allocated 165,027 euro.
In the Shannonside Region Leitrim was awarded at total of 133, 928 euro, Roscommon got 158,677 euro, and Longford was granted 208,613 euro.
Monaghan Senator Robbie Gallagher says he welcomes the news but it still may not go far enough to address the waiting lists locally: