News

Three hour window for action if pet eats festive foods says local vet

Dec 23, 2021 11:12 By News Northern Sound
Three hour window for action if pet eats festive foods says local vet Three hour window for action if pet eats festive foods says local vet
Share this article

There are a number of toxic foods and substances this time of year that are detrimental a pets health.

There is a three hour window for action if a pet eats festive foods says a local vet.

As preparations get underway for this year's Christmas dinner, people are reminded that animals should not be fed anything that is not usually in their diet.

Lydia Clerkin, from Clerkin Vets in Virginia and Cootehill, says immediate action leads to better outcomes for pets who may consume foods soaked in fat, or oils, and treats like chocolate and sweets.

Advertisement

She says that food remains in the pet's stomach for approximately 3 hours and if you're registered with a vet they are obliged to be on call for such an emergency:

Tags used in this article
Share this article
Advertisement
Advertisement

NorthernSound Newsletter

Sign up now to keep up to date with the latest news.

Processing your request...

You are subscribed now! please check your email to confirm your subscription.