News

Staff at Cavan General praised for quick thinking after small fire

Oct 5, 2021 13:10 By News Northern Sound
Staff at Cavan General praised for quick thinking after small fire Staff at Cavan General praised for quick thinking after small fire
Share this article

It was one of two blazes in Cavan on Monday morning where prompt action prevented injuries.

Staff at Cavan General Hospital are being praised for their quick thinking to act on a small fire.

It was one of two blazes that Cavan fire crews attended on Monday morning where prompt action prevented injuries.

The first emergency call came in at 2.40 on Monday morning, after a fire was detected in the Cardiac Rehabilitation Section of Cavan General Hospital.

Advertisement

When crews arrived at the scene, they found staff had acted fast to extinguish the extractor fan fire and contain it within a small area of the building.

Later that day, just before 6am, crews from Cavan and Belturbet Fire Station attended a house fire in Belturbet.

The owner was able to evacuate himself from the top window of the property before the fire spread.

Advertisement

Unfortunately, despite efforts from the fire crews, the house was destroyed.

Both incidents are being treated as accidental fires.

Tags used in this article
Share this article
Advertisement
Advertisement

NorthernSound Newsletter

Sign up now to keep up to date with the latest news.

Processing your request...

You are subscribed now! please check your email to confirm your subscription.