Gardaí have released figures in relation to detections recorded in the first ten hours of National Slow Down Day.
A total of five motorists were caught speeding in the Co Monaghan area.
GoSafe checked the speed of 192,013 vehicles and detected 453 vehicles travelling in excess of the applicable speed limit.
Examples of motorists putting themselves and others at risk across Co Monaghan include:
- 72km/h in a 50km/h Zone on the R212 Legarhill Clones Monaghan
- 68km/h in a 50km/h Zone on the R188 Drumbear Monaghan Monaghan
- 105km/h in a 80km/h Zone on the N2 Drumcaw Monaghan Monaghan
- 75km/h in a 60km/h Zone on the Clones Road Monaghan Monaghan
- 121km/h in a 100km/h Zone on the N2 Annamarran Carrickmacross Monaghan
An Garda Síochána continues to appeal to drivers to comply with speed limits in order to reduce the number of speed related collisions, save lives and reduce injuries on our roads.